Does CM model treebursts? If so, in what terrain types?

Guest Rollstoy

Tree bursts are modelled in terrain tiles containing trees (scattered, dense, tall pines).

I think that shells detonating on buildings have the same effect.

Regards, Thomm

For a really good screenshot of a treeburst, look at this from Heinz 25th PzReg's new AAR site. (http://home.online.no/~andhess/cm/)

The pic that explains it all: http://home.online.no/~andhess/cm/aar1/fogattack61.jpg

BTW, Heinz, I love the cursor overlay you used on your site. Hope you don't mind the free publicity! wink.gif

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hi guys

Thx for the free publicity IntelWeenie!

That picture says it all! And those tree burst sure are deadly too.

Regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Wow!

That site is a awesome! I love reading after-action reports! Will you bbe making anymore soon? I like the detailed screenshots and everything..

Anyone else know of any other good after-action report sites?

------------------

¤§ïѤ

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hi Osin

I am glad you liked my other site as well. Panzer Elite is a ww2 tank simulator and is quite different from CM. I think they compliment each other in a very nice way. There is nothing like leading a tank company in real time, using Battlecom to speak to your platoon commanders. PE is great when it works. But it has some bugs that make multiplayer somewhat unstable.

Before CM came out, PE was my favorite game. Now I am not so sure about that anymore.

Regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Guest dirkd1976

Very nice site man, will be nice to see a whole bunch of AAR's up there. Good job and keep up the good work!! smile.gif

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Hey guys, nice screenshot - but i must ask. what is that exactly under the tree on the near left of the picture, it looks like a PICNIC HAMPER!! Really! Please someone take a look and tell me i am wrong!!!

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

"Hey guys, nice screenshot - but i must ask. what is that exactly under the tree on the near left of the picture, it looks like a PICNIC HAMPER!! Really! Please someone take a look and tell me i am wrong!!!"

Looks to me like it's a primed satchel charge--get the hell out of there!!

Chris

------------------

Land Soft--Kill Quiet

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Could also be a spitoon?

or a one of the units got tired and dumped their kitbag?

Or a parachute drop of supplies?

Or.....

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918