Wheat. Ive got a suggestion!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PraetorianXXI:

Why dont you guys make the wheat stand tall, and not flat<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Troops lying flat would be lost, so you'd need to use "hide wheat"

all the time. Aside from that, I'd like it.

PraetorianXXI,

the reasons behind this has been covered in several other threads. The same issue has been raised about rubble several times.

The main reason is that it would be a huge hit polygon-vise. If you do it with sprites you loose the true-3D element. When we all are using Voodoo18 boards it might work.

Sten

------------------

Keep your whisky on the rocks and your tanks on the roll.

How mad would it be, if the little men when walking on the grass or dirt would disturb it and your men could pick it up, like trackers!!! biggrin.gif and that when walking throuhg woods the twigs would snap!!!

and and and.......your guys could climb trees and stuff.........yeah i know im pushing it......ahh the day will comee when game will be in the infinite stage, im afraid i might be dead by then

------------------

~Veni Vidi Vici~

We used to have a game like this when I was a kid, but we played it outside with sticks and running around the neighborhood through people's backyards. The graphics quality was excellent-- you could see every blade of grass, smell the dirt when someone tackled you and pushed you into it...

Chrisl,

I think I played that game as well. But correct me if I'm wrong, didn't that game lack both artillery barrages and tanks? smile.gif

Sten

------------------

Keep your whisky on the rocks and your tanks on the roll.

A PVC pipe attached to a garden hose, sticking out of a back pack became a flamethrower. Odd pieces of wood nailed/taped togther were our rifles. Pine cones were grenades. Old Broom handles were Bazookas. Construction hardhats became our helmets. We even dragged a broken CB radio

around to call in arty and airstrikes.

Deep in the woods of South Florida, we assaulted 'Tiger' tanks (abandoned junk cars). We defended against waves of fanatical Nazis in out impenetrable bunkers (2 sawhorses, side by side, with plywood nailed on top and sides). We fought hand to hand in the trenches (irrigation ditches). We stormed Omaha beach (6 kids and a half blind black lab crammed inside an old johnboat).

We were the Champions of the free world, willing to die for our brothers in arms (as long as he went first), willing to survive on no rations (until the ice cream truck came by), willing to endure hours of non-stop bloody combat (until the Mexican kid showed up with the soccer ball) all for Mom, apple pie, and the freedom to one day play a 1-2 player, turn-based, simultaneous-execution 3D simulation of WWII tactical warfare on a computer!

Gentlemen, to arms!!!

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

(until the Mexican kid showed up with the soccer ball)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I almost spit Dr. Pepper outta my nose all over my desk here in my office at this precise point. smile.gif

Thanks King for a good laugh at work.

I miss my sweet, little, precious CD of CM at home. So lonely, so innocent. Just waiting for me to go home and slip it into the CD Rom. Please work...hurry up and end.

For the love of pete..doesn't my boss know that I have an attack on emplaced German positions to conduct?! The fate of the civilized world hangs in the balance! And here I am, fielding calls for some crappy clients. BAH, my time would be better served by killing things. smile.gif

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.