!!! Awards Nominations !!!

To avoid the risk of embarrassing Jon Sowden in public, I will not use his name from now on, but will call him Mr X.

This Mr X, after seeing me post about making a scenario based on the battle for Ortona, with great personal initiative, took it upon himself to contact me via e-mail. This in itself was a risk, based on my posting habits, as he could be encouraging dangerous sycophantic activity. Anyways, in this note, he mentioned that he had an old board game based on this very battle, and would send it to me if I so wished. After brushing off my feeble attempts to pay him with Monopoly (Canadian) money, he selflessly, and at great potential peril to himself and his family (now I know where he lives wink.gif) sent it via expensive Trans-Pacific Carrier Pigeon (airmail). Having just received said package, it was decided that Mr X be nominated for the "Combat Mission Scenario Creation Assistance Medal" (with attached gaudy trinkets).

In other words, thanks JonS, I got it yesterday.

On a related note, I suppose MadMatt should be nominated for the "Spending My Own Money So You Guys Can Have A Dedicated Chat Room And Gives Me A Place To Keep MadBot Warm In The Winter And Cool In The Summer" award.

Craig

------------------

Absolutely, without question (and by default) the BEST farmer on the forum!

The game is "Ortona, A game of the advance in Italy, December 1943"

It's an operational level game designed by P.L. Hollinger and published by Simulations Canada in 1983.

Craig

------------------

Absolutely, without question (and by default) the BEST farmer on the forum!