Need a "Back" button in the scenario creator

My suggestion of the day ...

I'd like to see a "Back" button added to the scenario creator screens. There have been a few times when I wanted to return to a previous screen to change something, but you can't. You have to start the mission, wait for the graphics to load, abort out, and then start again.

Thanks!

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

I would like an "Undo" button for the map editor as well.

Nothing like Undo in the Microsoft software, they went overboard. Just undo the last change made to the map, if people have to undo two, three, four or more changes then they should just sit back and think a little more. Maybe take a break?

smile.gif

I'm amazed at how big maps can be, this is great.

Two things I think would be neat for the map editor is:

1. A copy and paste function so that you could copy portions of a map from one map to another. If you also could roate them by 90 & 180 degrees then you could recreate the effect of the geomorphic map boards in ASL. This would also be nifty if you are building a map that borders or overlaps on an area that you already have a map.

2. I think it would be neat if there were a hybrid manual map builing and auto map generation mode where one could manually build the key features, like rivers, bridges, etc and then have the auto map builder fill in the rest of the map.

------------------

March To The Sound Of The Guns

In SimCity 3000 unlimited you can create and edit your own buildings (elevation, tiles, color, everything). It would be cool because you could build fire stations, schools, or anything else to make your towns look mor realistic. Gonna hafta wait 'till CM2, though.

By the way, voth the "back" and "undo" ideas are great! So is the "copy/paste idea.

------------------

Ah scheist.

patboivin wrote:

> in the Microsoft software, they went overboard.

Sadly Microsoft never goes overboard in the right places.

Anyway, I speak as a proponent of inertia! (As opposed to a proponent of change and advancement). Seriously, I think the CM map editor is great. I think it's ridiculously easy to make maps, and BTS have truly gone beyond the call of duty to integrate this feature with the game.

Don't forget that games like SimCity are all about building. You can't expect BTS to devote too much time to the map editor, because it's an optional extra - not the focus of the game. The important thing is that you can quickly and easily create amazing maps, and as long as you keep the limitations of the editor in mind, there are no significant problems.

Sure it could be better, but I'd prefer they concentrate on the game itself. They didn't need to include an editor at all - usually a company would just issue file formats, and it would be up to fans to create their own editors.

David

(No, I'm not saying we shouldn't suggest improvements. =P I'm just putting things in perspective!)