CMHQ Updated with (god help me) Mac versions of MDMP-1 Graphics! whoop...

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Yea yea yea, all you WEIRDOS have been hounding me for weeks to release a Mac version of the MDMP so I did, and its ready!

Here, read this:

Ok, now for all the fine print. The sound Pack for Mac's is not ready yet. Don't ask when since we don't know. Soon! The guy that did the Mac conversion is on vacation and won't be back for about another week. So if you have questions, well TOUGH! I don't have answers. I don't know how these work, what to do to get them to work, how they look, how they were done, why they were done or even when they were done. All I know is that they are done and they have a readme file which is supposed to explain everything. So stop bugging me and point your icky Mac's over to the MDMP section and grab them for yourselves...

We also have a great SouthPark influenced SPR POTD and the first of my Combat Mission Across the Web style news updates, where we scour the web so you don't have too! wink.gif

Enjoy...Mac's... Sheesh... biggrin.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-03-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Enjoy...Mac's... Sheesh...

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you feel the need to cleanse yourself after getting to close to the pariahs...

------------------

Andreas

... and if you had to rely on Bill Gates and his ill-conceived crap ... er, software ... you wouldn't have CM to play at all.

sorry, couldn't pass this one up.

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley

Thanks Matt!!

As for you Wintel types: We consort with the masses because it makes us feel even better about our choice of OS.

Remember, you owe CM to the Mac...you should show proper respect. wink.gif

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Guest Michael emrys

Gee, MM, you're so...so...er...refreshing...sort of.

Michael (Glad to be a MacWeirdo) biggrin.gif

Guest Madmatt

Ok ok, I knew you wussy Mac users would start gushing with the accolades and praise. So how about one of you dry the tears of joy and actually TELL ME if they work or not? wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Once I get around to downloading the files, I'll definitely let ya know...but I'm having trouble, because I'm so (sniff, sniff) overjoyed!! wink.gif

------------------

I installed them and they don't break CM, but I don't get dazzling results since I'm stuck with a cheap graphics adapter in my laptop. I haven't looked at all of them, but I see a difference in the trees and in the JagdPanther.

Madmat:

Using iMac DV

Dl'd them, easy install, no problems. Play wise I think I detect a "slight" slowing w/ the camera, a touch (only a touch) of jerkiness. Although I want to compare it to original set.Otherwise no problems.

As to the graphics, look GREAT. They really help distinguishing wood/scattered trees. There is a sharpness that really helps.

The Hetzer is so cool but riddle me this. Last night in a DYO my hetzer was about 45 degrees from an M3 about 40 meters away. The Hetzer was firing on AT gun, before leisurely turning to finish the 1/2 track. Suddenly a red streak from 'track,(very visible - and AT was firing at a PzIV anyway) BOOM, catastrophic explosion (love the fire streak reflection in the expanding shockwave!!) Didn't think 'track had such a weapon, if so what is it?

Great job. Look fwd to sound and future packs. I guess we will keep ya.

hey guys!

glad to hear the patches worked, and that you like them. :) But I only ported them over, make sure to thank the design team that did the hard work. And MadMatt for organizing it.

I wont be checking in that much the rest of this week, but had to find out if everything worked ok. Spent many long nights last week testing the patches out, makig sure they didnt break anything. And just enjoying the changes, as the definately make the game better.

as for slowdowns, I notice a slight panning slowdown when using the hi res grass (233 G3, Rage orion video card). other than that, not much impact.

regarding the sounds: we have another volunteer working those and making good progress. No promises on when they will be available, but we are working those as quickly as possible. They'll take a bit longer to port and test, as we need to play with the volume some.

Enjoy! I'm heading back to vacation now (without CM! rats!)

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once

Aikidorat, thanks for the port. I have installed everything now, even the high-res grass, and got minimal slowdowns (iMac DV SE, 192 megs RAM), at least so far.

Look forward to the sounds too.

Thanks to MadMatt and his team also for deigning to permit the supplicant Mac wierdos to partake of the Mods! wink.gif

------------------