Bumper tanks

I am sure someone other than myself has noticed this but i searched and came up blank so here goes. Lately i have adopted a "hide and wait" strategy when i play the americans on LD. It seems to work better than pinging away at the Tiger from long range while he answers with an 88mm "how do you do?" The problem i noticed is that when the action phase begins the axis armor (which is almost always concentrated on the ridge at the end of the paved road) begins a series of confusing manuevers that wastes 5 or 6 turns before they sort themselves out. I have seen them back-up and crash into each other, sit and spin, advance a short distance then back-up or just sit in plain sight. Mind you this is going on without a shot being fired. By turn 7 they seem to sort themselves and proceed down the road in some fashion but that usually means that when my cats arrive the germans are still filtering thru the bottlneck and a long way from any kind of cover. The infantry do not exhibit this kind of behavior and seem to operate normally. Is this a bug that has been exterminated or is there a reason for the armoured slam dance? I'd loved to hear from y'all.

Yeap that is one thing that annoys me about the Tac AI

I was playing CE as Germans, I had STug stationary behind the ridge. I ordered another STug to advance to the road. Its path happened to cross the stationary Stug. Now in real life the moving STug would have seen the other STug, and swerved around it and continue onto its merry way. But no, in the Cm beta demo, this unit, runs into it, reverses, then trys to go around, gets jammed again, reverses and then finally gets it right frown.gif SHades of Close Combat tank behaviour wink.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Just so Fionn doesn't always have to be the bad guy, I will repeat the mantra..

"It's a bug, fixed since the beta demo"

but good question none the less. However, just to make you hate me more...

Should have seen the Wasp vs. Flammpanther battle my son made up. smile.gif