Operations

Guest BigAlMoho

Guest BigAlMoho

Recently, I read that when Aachen was encircled, there were 4000 defenders left in the city... This size force seems a little too large for a scenario, but it might be just the right size for an Operation... I wonder if someone is working on something like this...

Also, I would like to see an operation that really depicts the nastiness of attacking in the Hurtgenwald during that winter... I am sure I won't enjoy playing as the Amis but for history's sake, I would like to experience it...

Al

Hey BigAlMoho!

About your Hurtgenwald suggestion: Don't know if you're into good ole boardgames as well. If yes, you should try to get your hands on a copy of "Objective Schmidt." It's an excellent, though somewhat complex, boardgame (1990) made by a company called "The Gamers." It focusses on the Kall-trail and the little town of Schmidt. And let me assure you: the Germans didn't like the Hurtgenwald any better than the Americans did. More on the Hurtgen thingy: read charles Whiting's "Siegfried, The Nazi's last stand" (1982)

Since I'm telling you this, and this thread is about "large" battles: If you like 'em, like, REAL big, try "Omaha, The Bloody Beach," also by'The Gamers.' This game is so huge I haven't been able to play it through it's main scenario, simply because I lacked the space to use the full map (140x112cm), and the time to complete it, what with about 750 counters per side to fight with. Pheww

anyway, enough already!

------------------

Juju