Multi-Player 2 vs AI ???

I have a friend who is an excellent wargamer, however often he takes the game a little to serious!

If he starts to lose he gets very quiet and if defeated he can get a little nasty.

I thought it would be great if instead of head to head wargaming is it possible to have say two allied players versus the AI -axis. Might help my buddy from getting very moody sometimes smile.gif

Any possibilities of having say several players (ie company commanders) of a Battalion vs another?

I think it would be neat to have the battalion commander issuing orders say via e-mail or ICQ (better yet headset style/mic) and the company commanders carrying out his orders. Maybe in CM2?

Just a thought......

Get together with your friend and decide who wants to control what. You get "A" company and he gets "B" for example. One of you start the game vs the AI and plot the orders for just the units you/him control. Save what you have done (without hitting GO), and send to the other party. They plot for their men, and then hit GO. They then save and return the save for you/him to view. And continue in this fashion. Just a thought...

Guest Germanboy

Alternatively, try having Prozac at the ready.

That is actually an interesting suggestion Kevin, and would make the game more interesting because you have to agree on a strategy. Not realistic, unless you ask another friend to take overall command, with the ability to override, but sounds interesting.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate percetion are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I actually want to play a PBEM by "committee" with my brother. Its a good way to discuss the finer points of tactics. Its also a good way to get inside his head, so that he will NEVER beat me head-to-head again!!!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sniperscope:

hahahaha Germanboy u r wacked.

sniperscope<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes I think I could use some myself, but then again, I don't want to deprive Dr. Alimantado or Mr. Peng of their means to make it through another day...

And we have postcode rationing for medicine in the UK...

Please notice that all smilies were dragged out from this desktop and summarily shot.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kevin Peltz:

Get together with your friend and decide who wants to control what. You get "A" company and he gets "B" for example. One of you start the game vs the AI and plot the orders for just the units you/him control. Save what you have done (without hitting GO), and send to the other party. They plot for their men, and then hit GO. They then save and return the save for you/him to view. And continue in this fashion. Just a thought...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too have though of doing it that way and you can also play 2 against 2.

The only draw back is the play back video only one person will see it (I think I got it right)

RCMP:

Boris is right- I forgot that point. What you can do is you plot, save, send to your friend- he plots, saves (don't hit GO), sends back to you. You both will have a copy of the action and can hit GO and view the replay. I think this will work. It is a little cumbersome though.

Actually, I've done this. Not the cumbersome e-mailing, but a buddy of mine and I sat down to play VoT together as Amis. He took the three starting rifle platoons and the Sherman 105s. I got the engineer platoon plus reinforcements. It was awesome.