Request for CM4

Hi, sorry to get the big jump on this one (seeing it will be many years before this one appears!)!

I was wondering if the timespan for CM4 could be extended beyond 1940? How about a 'Western Front 1939-1940 and 1941-1942' game? I would just like to see included some of the British/Commonwealth raids on German Occupied France/Norway. Some of them were fairly large (St. Nazaire, Dieppe) and CM capable.

Possibly even just limit this to the specific dates and equipment used for these operations?

Sounds like a good idea, but a bunch of new units would have to be added, such as the Churchill tank. Course, we don't even know if there will be a CM 3 or 4 yet. Personally, I'm looking forward to 3, with matildas, pz IIIs, and those uber 88s.

------------------

Charon doesn't make change.

I don't think the "new" units are a problem.

All vehicles are modelled in earlier editions, although there might be a need to tweak the raw data a bit to recreate the earlier versions.

The only really new units would be the infantry of Norway (and Denmark(?!), must have those cool/ugly helmets!).

Excellent idea, Mj Tom! smile.gif

... and I'm also longing for CM3.

Cheers

Olle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

... and I'm also longing for CM3.

Cheers

Olle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad I'm not the only one smile.gif

As much as I like to see how CM2 appears; I'm very excited about CM3. The flat deserts of North Africa and the mountain regions of Italy and the balcans. A whole bunch of new nationalities and the fragile tanks with small main guns which crumble if someone says "Booh!".

I know, I'm going to love it smile.gif

Since CM1 only covers the Western Front from 1944-45, then I would expect that an "Early War" CM4 would cover the years 1939-43, and therefore the British coastal raids of '41 and '42?

But then, BTS hasn't really said what they mean yet by "early war", so this is all just conjecture..

------------------

"Follow me, and I'll show you where the iron crosses grow"