Orders for "Bogged" vehicles

Guest Scott Clinton

Guest Scott Clinton

I noticed last week that when I had a Sherman temporarily "bogged" in CE I was unable to issue it new move orders or alter its existing movement orders. I see this as a "bug".

I fully understand that the new orders will not take effect unit the Sherman is 'un-bogged', and may NEVER take effect if it becomes "immobilized".

But there will be situations where vehicles will be bogged for turns on end...and to have the suddenly freed themselves 5 sec into a turn, and have to sit back and watch as the then execute a 'bad' move that was plotted a long time ago... It could get ugly! wink.gif Things can happen while they are trying to free that vehicle...and orders can be radioed WHILE they are trying to free that vehicle.

Orders can get pretty stale by the time a vehicle is finally freed.

A fix in a patch maybe?

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Good point! biggrin.gif But that sounds like another one of those countless things we've all discussed before that isn't that big of a deal in the long run, therefore isn't worth fixing. Although I see your point, but how often is that going to happen, really?? Maybe once or twice out of ten sessions??

Guest Scott Clinton

"...how often is that going to happen..."

In clear weather? Never.

In rain, snow and mud? All the friggin time! smile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Clinton:

"...how often is that going to happen..."

In clear weather? Never.

In rain, snow and mud? All the friggin time! smile.gifsmile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, DOH! Sorry, wasn't thinking past CE. redface.gif You're right. smile.gif My mistake. frown.gif

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

There is a difference between "bogged down" and "temporaily immobilized".

I think what you are talking about scott is the temporary immobility.

A vehicle can still move when it is bogged down, it just moves slower.

I had a vehicle in one incident that refused to move for over 6 turns. It was on half concrete and halve grass. WTF?

I also noticed it did not display "immobilized" over the tank.

But when I have a bogged vehicle, the status is always displayed over it. Bug?

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

If each turn represents only one minute and a bogged vehicle becomes unbogged halfway thru i do not see it a major problem in 9 out of 10 cases.

Once a vehicle is unbogged or freed will it be stationary until you get to issue new orders or will it carry on its path according to its pre-bogged status? I have not yet had a vehicle bogged in any games i have played.

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Scott,

Yeah, that was an unintentional behavior. It has been mentioned before during testing, but it looks like it never got fixed. It is on The List though, so it will likely be fixed sooner rather than later. Probably not for the first patch though.

Steve

Guest Scott Clinton

Thanks Steve!

DEF BUNGIS:

"temporaily immobilized"???

What is that? I have yet to have a vehicle show that as a status. Was it "bogged" for awhile before this popped up?

------------------

Thanks Steve!

DEF BUNGIS:

"temporaily immobilized"???

What is that? I have yet to have a vehicle show that as a status. Was it "bogged" for awhile before this popped up?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The situation I had was the sherman refused to move for around 6 turns.

It did not display "bogged" or "Immobilized"

as the staus.

Yet it started to move again as if nothing was ever wrong.

So I am assuming it was temporarily immobilized. Or it was just a bug.?

------------------

Better to make the wrong decision than be the sorry son of a bitch to scared to make one at all

Guest Scott Clinton

If it was a PBEM game it could be the bug that BTS said is now fixed and will be on the first patch...otherwise I have no idea...

------------------

Yes BUT....

I have seen this PBEM bug/feature more than a few times and I have never seen the this feature (whatever) do that for 6 turns in a row. Every time it has effected me it has only ever lasted one turn and orders could be given the next turn every time, I've seen it three times.

This undocumented PMEM feature, that stops tanks cold seems to be specific to Ami Sherman's in PBEM games between Macs and Pc's. In my experience anyway.

-tom w

If it was a PBEM game it could be the bug that BTS said is now fixed and will be on the first patch...otherwise I have no idea...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>