Odd Squad setups

Good day,

I'm currently playing the Ops Brussel, noticed unusual occurence in squad make up after about four battles, I have two PzGren Pioneer squads, both with different F/P one with 241 & the other 268. When I checked the configurations one had 4 LMG and the other 2. One 2 MP44 and one none. Is this a small bug or is it the way the Op AI distributes the Replacements at the end of each battle.

Ron

[This message has been edited by Blackwood (edited 08-09-2000).]

Blackwood,

From what I recall I believe your latter comment is correct. Assumming casualties have occurred, then replacements and/or reorgranization by the AI between op battles of partial squad elements in a platoon whose squads have received casualties (which is what I think occurs) might account for what you have seen. I for one though, have yet to see a single squad end up w/ 4 lmg's however.

Mikester out.

Mikester, I have never seen 4 lmgs in a squad either but this makes sense. During reorganization and reconsolidation after a fight the first thing you do is man all key weapons. For infantry that is definitely your crew served automatic weapons. I also remember seeing that during a battle if the lmg in a squad becomes a casualty there is percentage chance that someone else will pick up the weapon. Maybe this squad was picking up all the lmgs it could find.