Interview with CM Head Honcho

Guest MikeToth

Guest Michael emrys

Did anyone else notice what an annoying website this is? I spent more time waiting for pages to load than I did reading them. Plus, there were a ton of cookies I had to decide whether to accept or reject for each page. mad.gif I gave up after the third page.

I hope that this trend expires soon.

Michael

Michael,

I'm the webmaster of this site, 1st of all we are located at an OC3 105Mbit host. So the speed is not definately the problem, perhaps you just had a lousy backbone somewhere.

Secondly, we do not make use of cookies at all .. Can you tell me a bit more about what exactly you saw and what version of IE/Netscape you are using ?

Thanks,

I managed to read it all using Opera and a 56K modem, but I also noticed the waiting times. I restarted once on the second page because it seemed to have stopped loading. I got the impression that the (nice) pictures were the problem, but I'm not sure. I didn't get any cookie questions.

Pretty good interview, though.

Well, we've had several thousand people read the review yesterday and this was the only 'bug report' that I saw.

on a 56k modem it indeed can take a while to finish a page. We are a very graphical enhanced site which basically is huge to load. What can I say, we like images biggrin.gif

About the cookies, that's a problem that only michael seems to have had.

Cheers, and I'm glad to see you guys liked the interview.