Quick map question. (After doing search and no dice)

I just wanted to know if after you create a map and make it a scenario can you then later on use the same map and turn it into an operation? Or vise-versa?

I have made several scenarios and operations but I cant seem to reuse the maps in the way I describe. Any hints/ideas?

P.S. To all you Forum "Hounddogs and Vultures", I DID do a search but did not come up with the answer. smile.gif (And now that I have said that...I'm sure someone will spend an hour "searching" just to "one-up me"!!) biggrin.gif

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Depends what you mean by "create". If yr talking about using the auto-map generated in the Quick Battle portion of the game, then no, you can't (well, ya can in 1.03, but not in 1.04). If ya mean a map you made yrself with the Create Scenario editor, then yes, you can --- just switch the file extensions between .cmb and .cmc.

I do mean maps that I created myself. I have tried the file extentions but it did not work. Once you "load" the map in the editor, it still registers as a Battle or Operation (whatever it was to begin with), respectively, and I was not able to get any of the Operation options to apply to the "old" Battle. Have you had it work by changing the file extentions?

------------------

One shot...One Kill

This is one of my gripes about the editor. The answer is no, it can't be done.

It would be nice if you could load maps independent of the OOB, kind of like how Steel Panthers has it, but I think there were some difficulties with this. I'm not sure why.

Once you start a map you must choose Operation. If not, it becomes a scenario map.

They are not interchangeable. It is sad, but true. Not even changing the extensions will work.

Whatever you start with, that is what it will be. rolleyes.gif

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com