Something is wrong with the Quick Battle Map generator in version 24!

I have recently started a quick battle with the updated beta patch. Man, was I disappointed with the map. I requested a large map with large hills, village and moderate trees...essentially the same thing I have been doing with v. 1.05. What a poopy map! There is barely enough cover to hide a sharpshooter, and the village is nothing more than a scant few shacks scattered about a "plain" and very open country side. What happened? John

Dan, I've tried it as a PBEM twice and three times as a solo with the AI. In my opinion, it is considerably poorer than version 1.05. I was shocked when I saw the map against my current email opponent. My last five 2000 point quick battles with a large map, large hills, moderate trees and a village were all similar and acceptable. This is different. Was gibst mein freund? John

Guest KwazyDog

John, as far as I am aware there has been no changes at all in the random map generator, but I will pass you concerns onto Charles for review... smile.gif

Dan

I've always had one quibble with the quick battle generator. There needs to be an option between moderate and heavy for tree cover. Moderate gives you a fairly open map, while heavy nearly covers the whole thing. Personally, I'm usually looking for something about halfway in between.

curih

Well, I just ran 3 for 3. Requested "large hills, village and moderate trees". Each time I got a map with large hills, village and moderate trees.

One feature of a random map generator is its randomness... I suppose it's possible for it to skip major mountainage in any specific setup. This complaint appears unfounded as a general rule, however.

Perhaps it's just the luck of the draw. As I tested it again...version 1.05 and the beta patch 24, it doesn't appear to be that much different. But the villages do not seem as dense in the new patch and there are not as many large buildings. Again, perhaps random chance has played a cruel trick on me. John