No new mac mods or am I crazy?

The two aren't mutually exclusive. There was one installment of MDMP released for the mac, and there may be a few other mods floating about, but they aren't widely publicized. If you're reasonably talented with some of the low level guts of the mac (resource editing, which isn't all that hard) and have time to spare in between CM games, you could probably contribute to the conversion of the newer MDMP volumes-- talk to MadMatt.

As for your sanity, that's an entirely separate issue, and can probably be determined from the amount of time you spend playing CM and whether you yell at your electronic guys (and whether they yell back at you...)

I know how to open the modified bmp files and paste over existing files...the problem with mac files is getting new files like the winter textures. My guess is that new files have to be created with the right referencing info and that's where I am admittedly mod-stupid.

Thought I'd chime in on this so us mac users wont feel left out in the cold.

We ported over MDMP-1, and will be porting over MDMP-2 shortly. I dont have a good date for you though - Madmatt will have to provide that.

As for the third party mods, we've been discussing various ways to port them over, with nothing being very attractive. The sheer number of them, and the fact that there are a number of textures for any one vehicle, makes it more difficult and time consuming. Also, we're still deciding what is going into MDMP-2, and I dont want to duplicate any effort here.

My current plan is to take the free time I have to convert MDMP-2 over to the mac. After that, I may look into the third party mods and pick the best ones (IMHO of course) for an unsupported mod over to the mac (not affiliated with MDMP). This will probably just be textures that I thought were cool and wanted to play on the computer with.

it takes quite a while to convert everything and test them to ensure that there are no issues. I caught quite a few quirks doing the textures for MDMP-1 that took hours to figure out what the heck was going on. And that was just for the new trees.

However, it is relatively easy to do, just time consuming. Feel free to email me and hopefully we can figure out why it isnt workig for you (I have a few ideas already), or perhaps we take this over to the tips message board and do it that way so others can help?

Thanks

dave

Wow, thanks for the input. I didn't want anyone to think I was complaining or anything - just wanted to know if anyone had any info. It's kinda weird - when you see new mods and they look so cool you just automatically want to use them. Major thanks!

Buddy,

No problem, been waiting for someone to ask.

:)

Until we figure it out, it's pretty easy to do yourself if you want (and fun to learn!).

did you like the MDMP-Mac pac?

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once