Combat Photo section now open!

I've got my new "Combat Photo" page up and running. Have a look at "real" combat photos from WWII, like this hoary old chesnut biggrin.gif :

shermCrewBW.jpg

There's more, including several very nice contributions from board members. And I'm always on the lookout for more.

See it all, AND a preview shot of Bergman's British Stuart V at:

http://www.olddogscmcentral.homestead.com/index.html

Note that's a NEW web address as well, please update your bookmarks (all 3 of you biggrin.gif )

- Old Dog

*edited to fix that dang web address....

[This message has been edited by Old Dog (edited 12-17-2000).]

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Nice Twist! I love your site, and would like to send you an award, but your provider seems to not except anything over 300K.....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

That is an great site, you must have some sort of photography background, exellent pictures!

Do the mods make the game run any slower?

My card struggles as it is, but after seeing the difference I would really like to add them.

If you use hi-res mod, it may. Otherwise, for me, a lowly P2-450 with GeForce DDR, has no problems except really hugh scenario with large number of units.

Griffin.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lah:

Do the mods make the game run any slower?

My card struggles as it is, but after seeing the difference I would really like to add them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Griff, the color photos are altered by cranking the green way down and adding some red using color balance tools. Then a big brightness adjustment and some blur. Agree giving CM shots that "authentic" is lots of fun!

I've only got a 500 with a TNT2 card, and run all the high-res mods I can get my hands on. Only huge scenarios cause a problem. An occasional bit of stutter isn't really a problem in CM anyway since it's not an RTS or shooter smile.gif

- Old Dog

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Dog:

Griff, the color photos are altered by cranking the green way down and adding some red using color balance tools. Then a big brightness adjustment and some blur. Agree giving CM shots that "authentic" is lots of fun!

I've only got a 500 with a TNT2 card, and run all the high-res mods I can get my hands on. Only huge scenarios cause a problem. An occasional bit of stutter isn't really a problem in CM anyway since it's not an RTS or shooter smile.gif

- Old Dog

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old Dog,

I gotta agree that I love the job you did on the "vintage" color photos. Very nice touch.

Gordon