Another Newbie Question

IPA

I'm yet another newbie to the forum, although I've been following it for sometime now.

Some say they think that CM is the best computer wargame ever made. As far as I'm concerned that's not an opinion, it's a statement of fact. The general age, maturity and clearly indepth knowledge of the forum members speaks for itself.

There's currently a thread running on burning tiles and it's getting real technical. Could anyone tell me whether CM models the increased lighting effects of burning tiles on a adjacent tiles, thus increasing visibility for these areas during night turns. I know this was discussed way back, but I could'nt find a clear yes or no reply from BTS. If I missed it please don't flame me too bad. smile.gif

------------------

"Surrender? Tell them to go to hell."

As far as I'm aware, the only modular atmospheric which effects LOS is smoke. The smoke from a burning vehicle or crops will reduce LOS, but a fire will not increase LOS. People have been asking for flares, which would be a similar idea.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

IPA said:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>. Could anyone tell me whether CM models the increased lighting effects of burning tiles on a adjacent tiles, thus increasing visibility for these areas during night turns.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Dave said, I don't think there's anything in CM that increases local light level. Hopefully there will be in the future, however.

BTW, does that IPA handle of yours mean India Pale Ale? That's my favorite type of beer. AAMOF, right now I'm drinking a 20oz draft pint of IPA I made myself. 7.5% alcohol straight out of the side of my fridge wink.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

Want a naval sim? Check out Raider Operations at www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IPA:

I'm yet another newbie to the forum, although I've been following it for sometime now. Some say they think that CM is the best computer wargame ever made. As far as I'm concerned that's not an opinion, it's a statement of fact. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes indeed. You've been assimilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

Thanks for your replies.

It would be a nice extra touch of realism. But I guess it could be a too much of a coding nightmare that might far outweigh the benefits.

One of the reasons that I asked was that for city or urban defensive battles at night, I'd like to be able to deliberately set fire to a building to gain the increased visibility advantage or disadvantage as the case may be. Somebody mentioned way back that this would kill your night vision, but I'd want it modelled in either way. We'll just have to wait and see.

Bullethead,

Yes indeed, India Pale Ale, the amber (well brownie) nectar. Also my favorite beer, my stable diet, hence the handle. That's darn good taste you've got there friend.

Mannheim Tanker

CM and homebrew are perfect compliments to eachother, thus there's no need to sacrifice one for the other. Get the balance right and life will be complete....

Thanks

IPA

------------------

"Surrender? Tell them to go to hell."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

Hey Borg, hows about assimilating me an IPA while you're at it. One of Bullethead's sounds fine biggrin.gif I'm a homebrewer too, but haven't done a batch in much too long...CM can REALLY turn your priorities on end wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tanker you've been assimilated.

BORG.gif

------------------

Resistance is Futile