Tournament Scenarios

Now that I am participating in a tournament, I have noticed something that strikes me as odd. When I get a tournament-saved scenario, I could open it up and play it through from either side, multiple times, before/during my actual tourney match. Am I expected or not expected to do this? (Not that I have time anyway.) It seems that the Tournament Save function should not only prohibit editing, but also pre-set a password for each side, that would be provided to the appropriate player, that would restrict them from seeing the other side at all.

Am I missing something?

Seems that if the person setting up the tournament had the choice of disabling HotSeat mode AND was able to, as you say, pre-enter the passwords, the file would be secure.

OR

Be able to have a "Freestyle" regular PBEM match where you do not have the limitations that occur now with unit purchases.

I don't know which would be easier to do...and I am sure there are other ways.

What say you BTS? Can this style of PBEMing be secure? Where one person is the Referee, purchases each sides units according to their wishes, then saves the file in Tournament mode? Is there a way to keep the "users" from peeking at the other sides units by using HotSeat or simply opening a copy of the PBEM file he/she sent to the opponent, since no password has yet been entered?

------------------

One shot...One Kill

I recently figured out the same thing as you. I do not know the way around this. If you do what you suggested, what's to stop you from setting up a PBEM game with yourself? Answer: nothing. You're just going to have to rely on the honor system when doing something like this, or...let both players peruse each other's force alignment. Knowing what the other person has and knowing how that person is going to use what he has is entirely different.

------------------

Jeff Abbott