Task Force Pucci (AAR)

Jingo

Originally posted by LibertyOrDeath:

What application did you use to produce that AAR? I've never seen anything like it! As for the tactics, looks like I could show you a few tricks... tongue.gif

It was created using RoboDemo (product I use for work that's about $900 but I got on sale for $400). But since I work from home and had it on my computer I thought I'd give it a try.

Well as far as tactics go, I don't dispute you could 'learn me'. tongue.gif After all, I consider myself a lowly beginner at TacOps. My problem is a love too many different types of computer and wargames and I end up spreading myself and my time too thin to get good at any one game.

But I'm good at doing AARs :D

Pretty Awesome tech.

I do agree your tactics need some polish but whose don't?

This coming from the person who got his butt handed to him by some 15 year snot who is reading Patton's and Rommel's books. Should have never taught the little ragmuffin how to play the game.

"Acid rock sound track"-Uh Major with respect the 70s ended when KISS took off the makeup.

"When I was your age I carried an M-14, not some electric twanger. Bet you smoke pot and bad mouth your country too don't you hippie boy."

My Grandfather to my nephew about 2 months ago.

I must confess that I didn't give the mission a terrible amount of thought or preparation as I wanted to finish it so I could do my AAR. Go figure... tongue.gif So it was sort of a rush job and of course I weighed things heavily in my favor so I wouldn't have to think overly much to pull off a victory. But hey, it's been a while since I played TacOps and I had to ease into it.

And I didn't want to suffer a major defeat like I did in my AAR for Taskforce Fenwick. I need a win now and then to bolster my courage prior to getting my butt handed to me on the more difficult missions... :D

Well, I'm willing to learn. How can I improve?

I do have CMBB (just got it along with TacOps 4). But no, I doubt it has the ability to put all the 1 minute movies together. This program essentially takes a screenshot whenever you press a key (or if you want whenever you click a mouse). It isn't a true "movie" but a series of screenshots tied together. After all the screenshots are taken then text boxes can be added.

That's one of the features I had wished BF put into CMBB was the ability to tie all the movies together into one big movie that you could watch the entire thing from any angle. I think it would be a very good way to do an AAR. Just tie them together and watch away. Maybe someone will develop a 3rd party program that can do something like this...

Originally posted by Stoffel:

do you want to try to make screenshots every one second of a cmbb file?

I am very curious to see if that can work

say 10 or 20 seconds to see what it looks like?

henk

It has to be done manually. For example, everytime I send a certain event like a key press or a mouse click. Currently I have it setup so that everytime I press PRINTSCREEN it adds a frame with the screenshot to the movie. There isn't a way to do it 1 frame every second-- at least I don't think so. If there are any processes running in the background it usually waits for those to complete before the screenshot gets taken. So visually I don't know if we'd see the bullets flying or not. I doubt it. I'll give it a try and see if I can come up with anything.

Ok. I did a test on this. It just shows a tank drive around for about a minute in CMBB. The motion actually worked out pretty good. The main problem is file size. For only about 30 screenshots it translated into about 8 MB. That's a huge file combared to the 200+ screenshots I took for my TacOps Movie AAR (2.5 mb). File size is because:

1) The game runs in full screen mode

2) The many many colors probably increases the size

3) The resolution probably increases the size. Anyway if you have gobs of hard drive space and don't mind waiting to upload it or having people wait to download it, then you may want to try it:

There may be ways to cut this down. But I haven't had time to play with it yet. It takes too long to build the movie... to do a lot of testing on it.

Anyway, I tried uploading it but don't have the webspace avialable. In short it's possible, just produces large sizes.

[ November 05, 2002, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Jingo ]

well I have 20mb webpage space.

Not enough for 3 minutes of moviefiles smile.gif

Thanks for testing and waisting your time for me.

Its not a good solution.

Lets hope somebody some day comes with a good program.

On the other way ,are you planning to visit the coming cpx........??? :rolleyes:

An AAR made by you would be a very nice way to attract other players. :cool:

Henk