Sound Contact on a pillbox?

1)How do my units get a sound contact on a concrete pill box at 600 meters?

2) when i tell a tank to hide does it try to find something big to get behind like a house?

3) my 105mm FO's take it upon themselves to call in arty on the enemy as i have infantry assaulting the line. now this happens in real life sure, but after a point i just want my arty guys to lay low but they keep showing bad judgement. i dont want to search for all my FO's and make sure they are just sitting still. i ensuered i canceled all arty missions prior but two turns later rounds came in AFTER i took the town

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MantaRay:

If 7-11 is open 24 hours, why do they have locks on the doors?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dog6880:

1)How do my units get a sound contact on a concrete pill box at 600 meters?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They heard it doing something? Like firing its weapons maybe?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>2) when i tell a tank to hide does it try to find something big to get behind like a house?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assuming you are not just being facetious, no. They stay in place and keep real quiet.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>3) my 105mm FO's take it upon themselves to call in arty on the enemy as i have infantry assaulting the line. now this happens in real life sure, but after a point i just want my arty guys to lay low but they keep showing bad judgement. i dont want to search for all my FO's and make sure they are just sitting still. i ensuered i canceled all arty missions prior but two turns later rounds came in AFTER i took the town<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And your question is...?

If you don't want them calling in fire missions on known or suspected enemy positions on their own (gee, I wish mine would do that sometimes), pull them back into some position where they have no LOS (like in the middle of a deep woods) and give them a Hide command.

(And are you really sure that it was one of your batteries firing? The other side has artillery too sometimes, you know.)

Michael

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 12-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Michael emrys (edited 12-28-2000).]

I have never seen a FO call in a strike on its own. On-board yes, but never a FO. I'd bet it was enemy arty.

------------------

You mean my Java coded Real Time Bar Fight Simulator Madmatt Mission: Beyond BiteMe ISN'T going to be published?!?

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If firefighter fight fire, and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom fighters fight?

If corn oil comes from corn, and vegitable oil comes from vegitables, where does baby oil come from?