Is there?

Hi!

Haven't got the game yet I'd like to ask if there is the famous Strummoser Tiger with german forces.

Second, I'd like to know if it is possible to have captured enemy vehicles (like M-8 Greyhounds in service with germans' units).

Thanks for all the replies!

Bye!

Francesco

No and no. I've heard rumors of captured vehicles being included in CM2, where many German units were equipped with T34s, though. I think the strummorser tiger was mostly used on the eastern front. There was a topic about this tank a while ago, so a search may work.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Hi!

The Sturmmoser is not in the Combat Mission, simply because it's a really long range weapon, and it doesn't fit into the scale of CM maps. It could be work like off-map artillery. I think it fired 300mm rockets, and there is a 300mm rocket unit amongst the artillery weapons. So, if you want very much, there is a Sturmtiger in CM, it's just invisible.

109 Gustav: The Sturmtiger was service on the western front. I saw many of pics, where US troops looking at abandoned, or self-destructed Sturmmösers. You may confused it with the Elephant/Ferdinand TD. It was the Tiger based vehicle, which saw service only on the eastern front. (OK, some unit stationed in Italy in '43, but that was the only exception.)

View?u=1304366&a=9680208&p=32728754

View?u=1304366&a=9680208&p=32730534

A prototype Sturmtiger was transported on August 12th of 1944 to Pruszkow and next day was moved to Warsaw to take part in the German attempt to contain the Polish Home Army's Uprising. This Sturmtiger saw action in Starowka and Mokotow districts of Warsaw. One of the projectiles which failed to explode is still on display in Museum Wojska Polskiego in Warsaw.

On August 28th, after successful debut, it was brought back to Alkett plant in Berlin-Spandau. In early September of 1944, newly formed PzStuMrKp 1000, equipped with two Sturmtigers arrived in Warsaw. From August to December 1944, Alkett completed only 18 Sturmtigers which equipped four Panzer Sturmmorser Kompanie (PzStuMrKp) - 1000, 1001, 1002 and 1003, which served on the Western Front. Each company was to be equipped with 14 Sturmtigers. Seven took part in the Ardennes Offensive (PzStuMrKp 1000 and 1001), while most of them took part in the defensive battles along the River Rhine. Sturmtigers proved to be an excellent defensive weapon and had to be either destroyed by a heavy artillery bombardment or an air attack. It is reported that a single shot fired by Sturmtiger from PzStuMrKp 1001 completly destroyed three M4 Shermans.

The Sturmtiger's main armament was short-barrelled 38cm Raketenwerfer 61 L/5.4, breech-loaded mortar which launched a short-range (4600-6000 meters) high-explosive rocket projectile.

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop

[This message has been edited by Snake Eyes (edited 12-09-2000).]

Thank you very much men but I know a sufficient quantity of things about this vehicle (great images Snake Eyes! good for a great diorama!)). By the way I ddin't exchanged it for a Ferdinand/Elephant! I'm not so stupid!

I think that you answered to my question very good, thanks very much to all!

Bye!

Francesco

Indeed! I brought this up a while back. Any one of a dozen German trucks, or even the German manufactured Ford trucks would be better than the current Dodge grilled front end truck we see. It amazed me that with all the details on the Kubelwagen and jeep, that no German trucks appeared in CM. Someone did a nice mod job trying to make it look better, but the 3D wire frame is what is needed. Cows, horses, ox-carts, motorcycles and roller skates I can see not being included, but the most common vehicle in the German Army...?

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)