Map generator anomaly

I noticed that sometimes, when I ask the game to generate a map for me, there are little pyramids here and there.

I think this happens when one square has a much higher location than the adjacent ones, and so we end up with a 4-sided spike.

smile.gif

And while not quite as obvious, the reverse is true too. You'll sometimes see "sinkholes" that are simply reverse pyramids. They seem to occur more frequently in, as you would expect, the more rugged terrain. It would be nice if BTS could tweak the code to prevent this but I have NO idea how hard that would be to do. All in all, the QB maps are wonders to behold. I'm very impressed.

Joe

I had these myself in a map where I was attacking a dug in German position. I figured they were one of those occult German überweapons that they were guarding, kind of like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Guest Madmatt

Spikey Hills (Pyraminds) are fixed in 1.03...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<Spikey Hills (Pyraminds) are fixed in 1.03...>

Yeah, pyraminds... the germans had captured UFO technology they used to mind control their troops in battle. These "pyraminds" project a "thou shalt not route" beta wave across the battlefield that... oh, I'll just quit.