Corrupted Panzertruppen mods: #330 & #890

Recently DL'd (2x) the new panzertruppen mods. Both times after unzipping (on my iMac) I got bmps that were corrupted. If anyone could send me a clean copy (can be either zipit, Stuffit, or in clear) I would appreciate it.

Good job Panzertruppen, they make CM so enjoyable with the detail you have provided.

JD

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 12-02-2000).]

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

Yeah, I found that too. What with the disco colours and not. I can send you the clean copy of the non snow, but not of the snow file. Do you want it?

Panzertroupen: Very nice work! Do you have a web site?

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdmorse:

Recently DL'd (2x) the new panzertruppen mods. Both times after unzipping (on my iMac) I got bmps that were corrupted. If anyone could send me a clean copy (can be either zipit, Stuffit, or in clear) I would appreciate it.

Good job Panzertruppen, they make CM so enjoyable with the detail you have provided.

JD

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 12-02-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

I use Zippit on a Mac as well, and almomst ALWAYS find at least one corrupt file that has green and purple disco like "snow" in it I think the Mac program Zippit somwhow leaves somthing to be desired as a Zipped file unzipper. I have had this problem on a Mac with at least one .bmp file in almost every mod pac I have downloaded.

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 12-02-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

What exactly is the texture doing on Macs? There is no transparentcy in those files so its not the offset pink problem. If you can get native BMPs thatwork, please send them to me and I will update the zips.

Thanks!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Hi Matt

I was posting in good humour smile.gif

I think the problem is specific to macs and specific to Zippit

It seems to be some what random in my opinion.

I ususally work around it be using an old .bmp file or opening the disco coloured corrupt file and working on it in Photoshop with the rubber stamp tool if there is enough good image left in the file to clone it back together somewhat.

-tom w

That's correct - the problem is related to Zippit. Tom_W and I had a terrible time trying to figure out what the problem was when he hosted the original Rural Building Mod.

The only thing I can figure is that that particular utility is only 99% reliable at converting files. I even resaved certain files and then emailed them to him. Same problem, same files. We then tried sending them posted inside an email (not as an attachment. That didn't work either. The problem is not with the file, but with the conversion process. I don't have time right now, but someone could post those two images on this forum. Then the people who need them could just copy and paste. Hope this helps.

Don

[This message has been edited by Panzertruppen (edited 12-02-2000).]

Pansertruppen et al. are correct

the latest version of Stuffit will work where Zippit it won't.

In some cases Zippit is Just plain flakey

but its also FREE so you only get what you pay for...

I think the latest stuffit expander is also free but it actually works.

-tom w