Need Help/Advice with GunS. Mods??

Please help if you can. I can't understand this - I have downloaded Gunslingers Mods twice now, 1st time I did it wrong and thus wasted all that time etc. I have now done it again - following his instructions to the "T" and could hardly wait to see - fired it up and it was the SAME graphics as before. Don't know HOW this could be because I took my regulat Bmp File out of the COMBO Folder and put in my Bmp2 (Gunslinger) File and this is the way I made it:

1st I made a Copy of Original Bmp File right off of the CDROM; then I re-named it Bmp2 and placed it in Program Files Folder then I dnloaded each of those Mod packages fm GunS. and overwrote all original Bmps and I installed his Texture Upgrade LAST.

Blows my pea sized brain that the graphics came out looking just like before - seems like the program would of had to search out my Bmp1 - but it was outside of the Combo Folder??????????

Can anybody please tell me "What IT is?"

TKS

------------------

"I stink, therefore, I am!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyberized:

Please help if you can. I can't understand this - I have downloaded Gunslingers Mods twice now, 1st time I did it wrong and thus wasted all that time etc. I have now done it again - following his instructions to the "T" and could hardly wait to see - fired it up and it was the SAME graphics as before. Don't know HOW this could be because I took my regulat Bmp File out of the COMBO Folder and put in my Bmp2 (Gunslinger) File and this is the way I made it:

1st I made a Copy of Original Bmp File right off of the CDROM; then I re-named it Bmp2 and placed it in Program Files Folder then I dnloaded each of those Mod packages fm GunS. and overwrote all original Bmps and I installed his Texture Upgrade LAST.

Blows my pea sized brain that the graphics came out looking just like before - seems like the program would of had to search out my Bmp1 - but it was outside of the Combo Folder??????????

Can anybody please tell me "What IT is?"

TKS

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

check inside your bmp folder.sometimes when extracting a zipped file you wind up putting a "folder" of bmp's inside your bmp folder.I'll bet that is what's happened?

Are you sure you got an overwrite prompt, and are you using the latest version of CM?

Dick biggrin.gif