Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Motars

I am having a problem with my motars in VoT.

As the Jerries who on that side can F.O. for the 81mm Motars? So I can keep the out of site of all thse Yanks. I have only played a couple of thimes but my biggest problem is haveing the motar teams get LOS to a target to hit it. I can't seem to find anyone to F.O. for them. Or am I just doing something wrong? Assitance is needed!!

------------------

The more you sweat in peace the less you bleed in war.

This topic has been thoroughly discussed previously here. Do a search on German mortars and read the posts.

Even with a spotter, mortars cannot target moving units, they must target an area, and even then the area must be in LOS of the spotter/leader.

RobC

Guest Scott Clinton

Even though this has been discussed before, I don't think it works that way.

AFAIK the German 81mm mortars in VOT can target ANY spot on the map as long as they do not move from their original starting location (VERY important). This ability reflects their being "set up for indirect fire" (as specified in verbiage prior to the scenario starting). They have accurate maps, and have 'ranged' various points on the battlefield.

If mortars "set up for indirect fire" or a HQ with a command link to them does NOT have LOS to the target then this fire is considered 'firing blind'. 'Firing blind' is much less accurate. You can fire at the pre-plotted target point at ANY time with NO bad effect whether it is in LOS or not (so, it is best to put it somewhere you won't be able to trace a LOS to later).

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest Madmatt

Please see the 'FULL ARTILLEREY PROCEDURES EXPLAINED THREAD' for the definitive explanation of how this ALL WORKS! biggrin.gif

This was just posted by me as a separate thread and is step by step procedure and FAq on all aspects of artillery and mortar spotting and targetting and firing!!!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-12-2000).]

Something about the Search function:

I find it a bit cumbersome at least to find an answer for a particular question when you use it. For our example if you enter "German Mortars" you were prompted to a great number of posts and it will take up a great amount of time until you locate the answer you actually need.

The least thing we can do is to provide an adequate URL ( like DrD did) to the person in question or just answer again even it has been done a dozen times before.