Sherman variants

Are there diffrent Sherman variants out there like one with Hedgehog Plow to go through hedges, or a mine roller version, or one with the snorkels for wading? What about the flame thrower version or ones with extra armor on them?

All American tanks can run through bocage (slowly).

No mine rollers (don't remember if they are on the list).

No snorkels (or duplex drive for that matter).

Yep - the Sherman Crocodile.

Yep - any sherman with a "+" in it's name is uparmored.

- Bill

There are a number of different variants of the Sherman (a lot of Shermans). do a search on included vehicles and see what comes up. I read in the manual that all American tanks after I think August '44 are supposed to have the Rhino teeth to cut through the bocage, but I don't think you see the teeth on the models.

------------------

CrapGame out

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntg84:

Are there diffrent Sherman variants out there like one with Hedgehog Plow to go through hedges, or a mine roller version, or one with the snorkels for wading? What about the flame thrower version or ones with extra armor on them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a nice POTD on CMHQ with about 10 Shermans, different varieties - have a look at their archives.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrapGame:

There are a number of different variants of the Sherman (a lot of Shermans). do a search on included vehicles and see what comes up. I read in the manual that all American tanks after I think August '44 are supposed to have the Rhino teeth to cut through the bocage, but I don't think you see the teeth on the models.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just in the game or in WW2, becasue I have tons of pictures with Shermans without these.