Errrr... The 'unit navigation' screen?

I hate to add more verbiage to this topic but...

One place I would LOVE a unit screen is at the beginning of a battle. Certainly, a scenario designer could list all the units and other info in the scenario briefing, but I would like one in game.

I jsut find it a hassle organizing my forces before deployment. I would love to be able to see a list of the units available with experience listed and a 'jump to' button or something.

There was a thread awhile ago about what the first thing we do in a scenario is. I do the same thing that some others do; I put my units into little piles. This always takes a few minutes and is nothing but a hassle. A unit info screen with a 'jump to' might solve this problem.

Of course, the inclusion of a screen like this may encourage people to aske for more and then where do you stop?

Jason

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Of course, the inclusion of a screen like this may encourage people to aske for more and then where do you stop?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly smile.gif As I said in my previous follow up, we think this could be a positive feature. But once in people will start to ask for more and more information to be stuck in there. Unfortunately, most gamers don't think (or understand) what changes a feature can bring. What might seem to be a small thing could in fact alter the feeling of the entire game. It is up to us to draw the line and keep the game focused and true to its core goals. Thankfully, this is a pretty bright crowd here and usually when we explain our position we can actually see the lightbulbs come on and almost word for word say "gee, I didn't think about that! You could be right".

No slam on anybody here, since before I started doing this for a living I did the same thing. And in fact, I still do sometimes smile.gif Charles has said to me more than once, "but if I do x as you requested y will happen. Do you think y is a good idea"? And now, sometimes y isn't a good idea and I hadn't thought of it before.

Steve