The quality of elite troops

Elite, by its nature is a quality rating which is standardised across national boundaries etc.

The basic quality and experience of elite US and German troops etc etc will be exactly the same but which side performs better in combat will be determined by their firepower and support and leadership obviously.

I remember reading a post I believe was written by Fionn (i could be wrong on this) which stated one of the factors which made a unit Elite (in addition to training, experience, morale, etc...) was familiarity with the terrain of the battlefield.

IMO, this would mean the Germans had an edge due to the fact they are (for the most part) the defending force in most scenarios, thus having the opportunity to scout and prepare the defenses.

Hmm, that certainly doesn't sound like anything I wrote Black Sabot.

In fact it is incorrect. Elite men might know what to do in action more often than others but they have no special psy-recon ability nor should they.

I think you're right.

I did a search on both 'Elite units' (couldn't find the post) and 'Fionn' (2556 posts-you talk too much wink.gif).

Nevertheless, i swear i read a post( maybe not by you) which stated a units familiarity with the terrain contributes to their overall quality on the battlefield.

It would seem to make sense, don't you agree?

Damm, i wish i could find it, oh well... smile.gif

Probably a better way to give a defending force an "edge" for battlefield fimiliarity would be for the defending force's leaders to have a higher average in the "stealth" trait. Thus the defending units in command control of a leader with added stealth could benefit at not only being harder to spot, but could also be better able to "infiltrate" in their counter-moves.