patch bugs or no?

bug.jpg

1) first off, i never had the situation i described here happen before so bear with me:

the green german unit was in rubble trying to escape the mogolian horde of ameris approaching. most were shooting at the germ unit. the unit was facing a burning building which it obvioously could not enter. so it kept bobbing and popping up and down trying to get up. (no, not getting shot, it was different, the bobbing happened like ten times)

it looked pretty silly. was this the game reacting normally, with a green unit refusing to stay up in face of firepower while not wanting to stay down at the bad position where the ameris were coming?

2) when i was playing and i used the shift and mouse to move laterally around the map, when i stopped, SOMETIMES there would be a slight 'lag' as the screen paused for like a quater sec before scrolling to normal.

never happened that i noticed before. my 3d card is nvidia riva tnt2 model 64, 600mhz pentium dell. 128 megs ram, no problems before.

any reason why this is?

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

That bobbing up and down will happen with lesser-quality troops. If you give them an order to move, and they continue to get shot at, they'll keep dropping back down into their prone position.

------------------

"We're not gonna just shoot the bastards, we're gonna cut out their living guts, and use them to grease the treads of our tanks!"

"We're going to murder those lousey hun bastards by the bushel!"

"The Nazis are the enemy, wade into them, spill their blood, shoot them in the belly!"

"We are not holding our position, let the hun do that."

"We are advancing constantly, we are not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy!"

"We're gonna hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ass!"

"We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose!"

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 11-30-2000).]