London drinkies, Monday 16th

Chupie, Germy, Dr Al, Coral, (and anyone else), we're going for drinks on Monday the 16th.

Go to leicester square, come out of charing cross road entrance turn, right, then right a few paces down the road and you're infront of a bar, go in there! About 7.pm sounds good to me.

We'll talk about the trip to Bovington on Saturday the 21st and generally laugh as the Yank gets drunk on real beer.

PeterNZ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on london peeps, sign yer name here or do i have to put you over my knee?

PeterNZ

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hamsters Wrote:

PeterNZ: He hasn’t proven to be particularly valiant but I think he’d make a good doorman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Guh, a Monday?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I've got more important things to do on a weekend than hang out with you lot...

And Sat 21st for Bovington.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

OOoooOOOOO!

he has to floss and do his nails smile.gif

Monday is fine by me, us antipodeans can drink on any nights, not like those weak Yanks and thier urine-water.

PeterNZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The mention of "Yanks andurine-water" brings to mind a little story of my fathers first night in England during WWII...

My dad was a B-17 pilot with the 332nd Bombardment Sqd. flying (35 missions) out of Bassingborn.

On his first night in England, he and a few other wing nuts (who were all restricted to base) went AWOL to the local pub for a few pints. After receiving their pints, one of the Yanks took a sip and was dismayed that it was not cold. He then shoved the pint towards the bartender and said (in a loud voice)"Give it back to the horse!"

Well!! You can guess what happened next!

Dad said, that iof there had not been a bunch of bycycles conveniently parked outside the pub, they would not have escaped the MP's and Bobbies who came to break up the altercation!

groundpounder

Heck PeterNZ, I thought you worked late man. You even worked last weekend!

Am I the only sad b*st*rd who has to work till 8-9 every evening? (YES! biggrin.gif)

Would love a piss, but better on a Friday evening...

Cheers

------------------

My soldiers are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

Guest Germanboy

Well we could make it tomorrow, but I won't be able to stay long. The pub where we meet is 'The Brewmaster', and you get there by leaving Leixester Square tube station through Exit 1, turn right, enter the next door and ordering a beer (well, once you can do that you are there).

So until I hear otherwise, Monday at 7 it is, and the Bovington trip will start on Sat 21st at 8.30am at Norbury Station. For directions email me privately.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

when are we going to combine our hobbies, drink AND combat mission?

PeterNZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could do some hotseats, I guess. Or we could sit by ourselves at our computers getting pissed, sending PBEM files back and forth, and thinking about how pathetic that is tongue.gif

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

You think I'm bloody joking, don't you? I'm coming straight off work and the CD is always loaded. biggrin.gif

We'll look so godamn geeky and anorak, it'll be cool!

Choose the pub carefully so that we don't get mugged man!

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flipper:

I thought that Ireland is where England kept it's drunk's.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why it needs all us foreign misfits to keep the pubs going. I bring the iBook, that way we will win the style contest in the pub.

------------------

Andreas