My Holiday Card to Big Time Software

Dear Big Time Software,

I wish you hadn't conceived of the most brilliant mix of real-time and turn-based play to date, laying all other strategy games to shame.

I wish you hadn't worked so hard and long on a risky project, putting independent developers back on the map.

I wish you hadn't released a playable demo, forcing a blind clutch for my credit card as I gazed slack-jawed at the screen.

I wish you hadn't completed your masterpiece, launching my new love affair.

I wish you hadn't sent me my CD, which, when placed inside my computer, immediately required new locks for the study door and an eMachine for the wife and kids.

I wish you hadn't made the game installable, because now that it is, it sucks more of my free time than I would admit to any relative.

I wish you hadn't made the game spawnable, inspiring trips to friends' houses to admit to them EXACTLY how much of my free time it sucks.

I wish you hadn't made it TCPable, leaving my no option than to double my playing time (Ed. note: this adds up to well over 100% of said free time, he never was very good at math)

I wish you hadn't made the texture format open, creating opportunities to discover some of the best fan artwork on the net.

I wish you hadn't created the forum, facilitating international friendships and lively debate and, oh yeah, making the rest of my time disappear (Ed. note: this was in negative balance already)

I wish you hadn't supported the players with frequent fixes and enhancements, bringing all my votes for other products for Game Of The Year to a grand total of zero.

I wish you hadn't made the units and tactics so true to life, sparking new interest in WW history and the brave men who have defended freedom with their lives, the research on which consumes the very last bits of my time (Ed. note: whatever, he doesn't even own a watch)

I wish you hadn't installed a knowledgeable and dedicated support team, contact with whom and quick resolution of problems by whom has given me "teh feelgood sensatian of teh year!!!" ©JeffK

And finally, I wish you hadn't dangled CM sequels tauntingly in front of me, necessitating the blocking out of large chunks of pages in my new appointment book. Like, all of 2002 and 2003.

But since you have already done all of these things, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Happy Holidays!

-A satisfied customer

[This message has been edited by Binkie (edited 12-22-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Hey, it wasn't us! We didn't want to do it. Someone forced us to make the bloody thing! And who was that you ask? Hmmm... I dunno... SATAN? biggrin.gif

Seriously, thanks for the, uhm, er, thanks smile.gif

Steve