Intellimouse Issue Causing Freezing-Molyneaux, help!

Yep, so I think the problem with the demo freezing has been discovered by KwazyDog and I. It's my Intellimouse. Now, I need to know how to deactivate the software of the mouse or the "intellipoint" software mentioned in the thread I speak bout below. KwazyDog sent me a thread stating that a user known as "Molyneaux" had the same problem and deactivated it successfully.

Molyneaux, or anyone else, how do you deactivate the software before I go nuts?

Thanks.

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!

[This message has been edited by Gen. Sosaboski (edited 05-13-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I've got an Intellimouse and I don't have any problems. But you could try this. From Start, Run, type "msconfig" and then go over to the Startup tab and uncheck the "POINTER" line. I think this is the Intellimouse software thing, or maybe not, but mine is still checked and it works fine.

Guest Molyneaux

Sorry it took so long, was workin OT .....no days off for you!! bah!.

I have tried the latest MS drivers for intellipoint and had no luck. What I ended up doing was going down in the lower right hand corner to the systray and right clicking on the Intellipoint icon and turning it off from the menu there. Kind of a pain since I use those features so much in other games, but well worth it to be able to play this amazing demo wink.gif

Hope that helps

Guest MantaRay

I have the Intelli Explorer, and you do not need to use Intellipoint Drivers for it to work. You dont get to use the extra buttons, but oh well.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest Molyneaux

There should be an icon on the toolbar at the bottom of your windows screen.......if that doesnt help use the ctrl alt del and close "Point32"

that should fix it.......

Hold it-I might be on to soemthing here...Should I get rid of the "Intellimouse" (PS/2) on my Device Manager and install the Microsoft Serial Mouse or another one instead? Just wondering.

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!

Guest Molyneaux

Maybe try just reinstalling your mouse ? Or get the 3.1 drivers from MS and see if they help....

Okay, my system:

Abit BH6 mobo

Celeron 300a o/c to 450

64MB generic PC100 SDRAM

Elsa Erazor II 16MB TNT (reference drivers from Elsa install CD, since updating to current drivers screws with my video playback)

Diamond Monster Sound MX300 (current drivers I think)

Windows 98 2nd Ed.

DirectX 7.0 (won't upgrade again til it's absolutely necessary)

As I said previously, I had started a game of CE (saving VoT for PBEM against Goanna and Robt Hall, providing I can be the same side in both) and had 2 or 3 lockups by Turn12. After updating those mousey drivers, I was able to play to Turn 25 with no problems (then had to turn off/unplug computer due to nasty storm in the area)

Your results may vary. Some assembly required. Void where prohibited by law. Prosecutors will be violated.

DjB