Need Help Running Beta Demo

I have been reading this forum for some time and look forward to seeing the final product. I have downloaded the demo and have tired to run it numerous times.

The problem i have is as follows:

I can get the game to boot up but as soon as i start to move around the battle field numerous lines appear and the graphics get all messed up. I have played the game on the same computer but for some unexpalianed reason the game booted up in a smaller screen size and played just fine. I do not know how or why this happened but i have been unsuccesful in trying to "make" the game boot up in a smaller screen mode.

The computer i have is a IBM Thinkpad 770ed with 64 RAM 2 MB video. (I know it isnt the greatest comp. at playing graphic intense games but will it work when the final comes out? I was hoping it was just a "Beta error".

If anyone can give some pointers on how the play this game on a laptop i would be greatly appreciated.

Keep up the good work!

joe

Well with 2 megs of video ram - your changes are very slim. Those lines mean your running low on video ram, and that's why it worked on a smaller screen. You'll need at least 8 meg video card to play the final version I feel. Time to upgrade smile.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

CoolColJ,

I think it's a bit irresponsible to talk about VRAM requirements when you're not even a beta tester given that if you say people NEED an 8 Mb video card it might put some off buying CM if they don't have it.

Firstly, I'd try the video acceleration and lower it.

Secondly, CM works on my computer with my 3D card DISABLED so I can tell you you don't need an 8MB video card or any video card at all.

Thirdly, do the whole update drivers thing.. It sounds to me like it it either a video acceleration or driver issue. I've had both during testing CM and updating drivers/reducing the acceleration worked for me ( since then the problems have been fixed and I've turned acceleration back on to full.)

Dont know much about this but..

Slowing my video accelerator is what made tha game work for me. I actually have it turned down to 0. Whenever the demo dosent work, it means my accelerator got back on some how and I just go turn it back down.

To do this go to start, settings, controll panel, display, settings, advanced properties, performance.

Then turn the 'graphics hardwre acceleration' down 'till it works.

Hope this does it for you.

Listen to fion. Your 2MB video is more then enough.

Update your drivers and also try running the gane at a smaller resolution maybe 640x480.

This could be where your smaller screen mode came into effect.

Make sure you have direct-X 7.0 ITS A MUST!

You can download it at almost any big gaming review site.