alt.games.combat-mission

Er, I really loathe the idea of carrying on this senseless discussion, but I've been out of the loop for a while, and a search hasn't helped me - what DID happen to Fionn? I'll admit he could be grating at times, but his knowledge was generally pretty impeccable... Someone finally push his buttons too much or what?

Adam A.

That doesn't quite answer the question Dave.

The addendum to the above statement is that Fionn lost his cool (again) and was summarily booted (again). I will keep my editorial commentary of the conversation to myself, to keep the peace and let the dead lie.

Jonathan

Freyland wrote:

> That doesn't quite answer the question Dave.

Yes it does, but it maybe doesn't dig up as much dirt as you would like. I refrained from detailing the exact circumstances in which Fionn was banned because I have reason to believe that doing so would present an imbalanced version of events.

David

No it doesn't Dave! You neglected to state exactly why Fionn doesn't post here any longer. The question can be answered in a manner which does not give gory details, just as my post explains. smile.gif

On a personal note, I for one would be very interested in Fionn's skewed point of view, given BTS's explaination shortly after the fact.

Jonathan

------

There are three sides to a story... yours, his, and the truth.

Guest Scott Clinton

I will make this short and to the point.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He was involved in a clash with Scott Clinton. The matter of who is ultimately to blame is a subject of controversy, but I believe there were existing issues between the two both on and off this forum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no "issues" with Fionn whatsoever, except in his mind. I have tried in vain to point this out and to bury the hatchet with him even half-dozen times (at least two are a matter of public record).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>On a personal note, I for one would be very interested in Fionn's skewed point of view, given BTS's explaination shortly after the fact.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, and "skewed" is a horrid understatement. So much so, that I contacted an attorney I knew in college. Suffice it to say that if Mr. Kelly resided in the United States he would have already been served papers for his numerous and continued libelous tirades. But, as he resides in the Ireland all I can do is tell you don't believe everything you read. Investigate the character of the individual if you are in doubt. Ask around on other wargaming sites about the both of us. I have no fear of whom you will contact or what they will say.

MantaRay: Nobody "baited" Mr. Kelly. It is a simple matter really: A person should be accountable for their own actions.

Everyone:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep me entirely out of any discussion involving Mr. Kelly. I have done my best to avoid him at every turn. I avoid mentioning him by name in any reference...Hell, I even just stopped coming around here! Then, I come back a few times and this crap is still stinking up the forum! I don't post about him on the newsgroups nor do I slander him in emails (I'll leave that type of behavior to him).

I want absolutely no association with him whatsoever. Can I be more plain than that????

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Scott Clinton wrote:

> PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep me entirely out of any discussion involving Mr. Kelly. I have done my best to avoid him at every turn. I avoid mentioning him by name in any reference...Hell, I even just stopped coming around here! Then, I come back a few times and this crap is still stinking up the forum! I don't post about him on the newsgroups nor do I slander him in emails (I'll leave that type of behavior to him).

> I want absolutely no association with him whatsoever. Can I be more plain than that????

I have heard very similar words from Fionn. It's one person's word against another, so unless anyone knows both Fionn and Scott and understands the truth of the situation, I suggest we leave the matter alone.

David

OK! UNCLE! A friend of mine sent me the final "discourse" and I have a feel for what transpired. I wasn't aware this was still a sore point or I wouldn't have brought it up.

My apologies, Scott, for dragging this out of the closet. As I said, I had been out of the loop for a while. I could find Mr. Kelly grating as well (which I admit is an understatement after having read his occasional tirade), but generally I found his TECHNICAL writings interesting and beneficial, and I didn't realize there had been such a degeneration in the discourse.

Lock?