CM Does Work With a Pentium 166. Thank Goodness.

For anyone who has an old clunker of a computer & wonders, yes Combat Mission does work with a Pentium 166 with 48MB Ram & a 1MB Cirrus Logic Card. That's all. No 3D Card.

It's not fast, by any means, & the graphics aren't flashy, but, it does work. wink.gif

The other day, I saw CM working on a computer with the following specs:

Celeron-overclocked to 504MHZ.

384MB Ram

Geforce 2 Video Card.

And, Oh . . . My . . . Goodness. wink.gif

It was absolutely incredible. The graphics, sounds, everything about it.

And, while I can even see Rain & Smoke on my computer, on his they are amazing.

If there is one thing that will get me to buy another computer with his specs, it's being able to play Combat Mission on it.

And, I'm so happy that CM is selling so well and so fast. Because, as incredible as CM is, Charles & Steve deserve every bit of success they get.

Alex

Well, I actually have a Voodoo 1 with 4MB, but I have it disabled, because I could never get any games to work with it.

Even if I did set my screen res to 640X480, which I run CM at anyway, I had nothing but a black screen when I tried to run CM. All other games I tried with that card did the same thing.

I did setup Windows to have a 200MB swap file ,which helped my speed a little. Even with that, the little "Computer Player is Thinking" window takes about 5 seconds to finish, but, the little window down below takes up to 45 seconds to finish, before the 60 seconds of game play actually starts running.

I have the same setup as papa khan and have no complaints. Of course I haven't seen it run on better machine yet. Perhaps its best I don't, cause there is no money in the budget for a new 'puter this year! smile.gif

Woody