Front line moving

Please, I would like to understand what is the criteria used to move the front line(setup zones) in the operations.

I have played the Arnhem operation and, after cross the bridge and consolidate a large territory around it... the setup afther battle send my entire army back to the other side of river frown.gif

Someone can help me?

Hey Rarg,

Many of us have been wondering the same thing about the front lines for weeks now. There are several other threads on this already containing all matter of discussion on the subject of should they be straight vs. jagged, etc., etc.

You might want to try doing a search on the terms "front line" and you will probably find several of them.

Comes down to we need to hear from BTS on this and they've not yet had the time to respond as I understand it and/or they are looking into the matter and they will let us know.

Mike D

aka Mikester

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 08-08-2000).]

No Spoilers!

I tried the "Stolberg; Punching a Hole" op this weekend and was pleasantly suprised after the 1st battle that the front line was nowhere near straight across the board. I declined to attack on the left, but made great progress on the right (thinking "I'll force his line back over there without attacking those positions, hee hee!) Imagine my suprise when I ended up with what is best described as yin/yang shaped setup areas!

Don't know if this is peculiar to this op, but it looks better than I recall from before v1.03.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

IntelWeenie,

How jagged was it? Did they perhaps do something w/ this in v1.03 and I'm not seeing it in my op's started under v1.01 because it only works if you start the op under 1.03 (and yes, I've actually converted it to ver. 1.03 and continued playing)? Most "jagged" unstraight thing I've seen playing as the Americans in the op you reference is a 20m deep (toward the german lines) x maybe 100m or so wide jog in my start line as the Americans after both battles 2 and 3. Even though I had forces at many different depths of penetration at the end of both battles, I still pretty much got a straight line. Can you post a pick of the setup phase in view 7 / 8 showing the jagged start line?

Thanks

Mikester.

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 08-08-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mikester:

IntelWeenie,

How jagged was it? Did they perhaps do something w/ this in v1.03 and I'm not seeing it in my op's started under v1.01 because it only works if you start the op under 1.03 (and yes, I've actually converted it to ver. 1.03 and continued playing)? Most "jagged" unstraight thing I've seen playing as the Americans in the op you reference is a 20m deep (toward the german lines) x maybe 100m or so wide jog in my start line as the Americans after both battles 2 and 3. Even though I had forces at many different depths of penetration at the end of both battles, I still pretty much got a straight line. Can you post a pick of the setup phase in view 7 / 8 showing the jagged start line?

Thanks

Mikester.

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 08-08-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I didn't save it mad.gif and the op is already over (won in 3 battles smile.gif )

****POSSIBLE SPOILER****

First of all, I should have mentioned that I let the computer shuffle it's setup. It put about 2/3 of its pillboxes within the loop of the river. If you look at the map, the front line trace pretty much followed the river, then cut almost straight across just past the village. Thus, the Germans had a partial salient sticking out mebbe 150m or so.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)