Explosion Glitch OR...?

Dear BTS,

Something extremely odd is occurring when a building explodes while being shelled. The problem first showed up in Gold Demo CE (640 x 480) when I used my StuG to drive the Americans from the farmhouse. Two shots from adjacent to the woods past the church sufficed to set the building ablaze, and a couple more led to an explosion more characteristic of a micronuke or an ammo dump going up.

First the house blew up, but that modest explosion became a rapidly expanding flattened opaque white dome which grew to encompass practically the entire wheatfield. The dome took up some four inches of width on my iMac monitor.

Nor is this problem peculiar to the Gold Demo. I observed the same thing happen yesterday when playing an Instant Battle. The barn got hit with HE, followed by the twin of the CE explosion. I didn't have improved smoke or explosions on, though I do have the patch installed.

Thought you should know.

Regards,

John Kettler

Guest Madmatt

Thats an expanding cloud of debris, dust and smoke and is intended. Ever see a building collapse from an explosion? I have and it thows dust and debris ALL OVER. Its one of the things I think Charles has dead on!

Madmatt

p.s. When you say Opaque do you mean you can't see through it? If you look at my last HE explosion pic on CMHQ you should see what this cloud is SUPPOSED to look like...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Ah! So what I'm seeing is simply because I don't yet have the necessary video rendering horsepower. Yes, I'm the guy with a Gen One iMac.

Having watched a lot of building demolition footage, I can certainly understand a big dust cloud resulting. My rig made it look like a blast effect, not dust. Sorry about that!

Regards,

John Kettler