IP/Address help! In ICQ

Hey gang: I have icq ver. 2000b. Where on earth do I find the ip addrss of someone I am chatting with in icq?? It was easy in earlier ver. but I can't find it in this one. If this ver. does not support that anymore then does anyone know how I can get someone's ip address? Just getting ready for tcp/ip play. Thanks

sniperscope

If you have Windows (instead of MAC) you can find your own IP # by going to "run" and typing "winipcfg". I am assuming you will only need one persons IP # to play TCP/IP...that is the way any other TCP/IP game I play works. Once you get yours just send it as an instant message to whoever you are playing.

------------------

What do we do with a terrible liar? Well, Great liars we send into the clergy.

Good liars we groom for politics. Moderate liars we supply with sherrif's badges

and guns, and the bad liars, well, we make them heroin whores. So what the hell

do we do with the Terrible Liars? Well, it seems we turn them into physicists

called "chrisl." Peng

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS Peiper:

Yes IP address change everytime you log-on.

SS Peiper<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That depends on your ISP. Most use DHCP, that's true, but most will also make statics available on request. Also, many broadband users have static IPs especially if they've had them a while and the phone and cable companies hadn't really figure out how to set up their networks and just gave out statics to everyone.