Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

use of satchel charges?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G4A:

Just move your engineers close to the enemy and target it. They'll do it if they have the chance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a PBEM against AA Cooper one of his engineer squads was inside a building with one of my squads. They threw a satchel charge at them, reducing them from 8(1) 'alerted' to 2(7) 'routed' without wasting any further ammo. Carnage whoopee...

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Make an ambush with your engineers against the Panther or while you're making a diversion to the Panther with other troops bring the engineers close to it (on his flank or in his back...the front is deadly smile.gif. Target the tank and they'll probably use their satchel charges and knock out the Panther.(though I've missed once the Panther 'caus he has moved and the charge exploded in the open).

Good luck,

Stephan

[This message has been edited by Stef (edited 06-09-2000).]

Excellant tips,I had no idea how the satchel dudes worked.

I thought they were only for use against buildings , bridges and emplacements etc.And it's kind of hard to get 1 man up to the anti tank gun in VoT!

Guest Big Time Software

Andreas, I can top that one!

I was playing against the AI as the Germans. I stormed a house it held on a counter attack in a town center (this wasn't VoT). I wiped out the last 4 men that were there within a few seconds. The all of a sudden, my previously full strength squad was reduced to about 3 men IIRC. What happend? After replay my fears were confirmed. The last US Engineer, probably as I was gunning him down, tossed a satchel charge at my guys. It detonated after the US unit was "officially" wiped out, taking out about 6 of my guys. Man, a swear or two came out of my mouth, but it was legit! One of those things going off in a small house must have been just about the worst thing that could happen to a squad.

Steve