This is the life!!!

Wife and kids on a plane to the West Coast.

Me, a Guiness or two, and Saving Private Ryan and Das Boot on the DVD with full surround cranked way, way up...

and a weekend full of CM missions...

AAAhhhhhhhh...

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst (edited 08-24-2000).]

Guest Mortiis

Now that is the life. Cant wait for the ps2(playstation 2). Since it has a dvd player I plan on getting a ton of ww2 classics. Das boot is definately my favorite, nail biting suspense for those who know anything about subs. Tried to get a girlfriend to watch it once and realized to fully appreciate it you have to know a few things about subs, of course when I tried to explain a few things she says "cant we just turn it off and see if fried green tomatoes is in" Now that I found the best wargame ever, I have made my quest in lefe to find a woman who is into ww2. Of course there is the danger then of having two people fight to get on the comp to play cm; hmmmm maybe not such a good idea.

[This message has been edited by Mortiis (edited 08-25-2000).]

Last Saturday, my son called me from where he is studying medicine and sai: "If I come home for the weekend, can I have the computer?"

I swallowed hard and thought "There goes Combat Mission for the weekend. I know I shouldn't have lent him the car for a month and then have to go to work on my bicycle, and now this..." mad.gif

"Of course, I said, your mother will be very happy to have you home for the weekend!" (She is the one who convinced me to let him have the car)."Besides, I said, I have a lot of TV watching to catch up on. No problem".

"Thanks Dad, I'm on my way."

My wife said "Are you sure?" The worst thing about it was that it made me feel good (for about five minutes).

It was the worst weekend of dull TV reruns of the Summer mad.gif

What will it be when I have grandchildren? rolleyes.gif I'll soon find out, one is on the way... biggrin.gif

Henri