Night Battles in Ops

If both you and your opponent (or the AI) respond to the "attempt to skip night combat" with a yes, then it's normal. There may also be some setting where only one of the players gets the option (haven't played enough ops to know) and the other player had the call.

I've also had night battles that played out with no contact at all. I was defending, and the AI attacking so carefully that there was no contact (until I tried to rush a few halftracks forward on the last turn to grab some terrain...)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrisl:

If both you and your opponent (or the AI) respond to the "attempt to skip night combat" with a yes, then it's normal. There may also be some setting where only one of the players gets the option (haven't played enough ops to know) and the other player had the call.

I've also had night battles that played out with no contact at all. I was defending, and the AI attacking so carefully that there was no contact (until I tried to rush a few halftracks forward on the last turn to grab some terrain...)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was never given a "attempt to skip night combat" option. I was looking forward to it myself. The bunkers were giving me hell during the day.

Cav