This may seem obvious...but gonna ask anyhow

Gentlemen,

since I'm new to the whole patch thingymajig, does anyone know if games in progress (using v1.05) will still be playable if someone has installed the v1.1 patch, and his opponent has not. Man I hope so, cause I have a few game going and would hate to have to suspend them till everyone is up to speed. Thanks in advance for any help... confused.gif

Cav-Scout

"If you aint Cav...you aint"

Guest AbnAirCav

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cav-Scout:

"If you aint Cav...you aint"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, heh, as an old Cav trooper, your sig brought back memories ...

--Keith

1/17th Cav, 82d Abn

Um, I think you all have misunderstood Cav's question. He seems to be asking whether, having upgraded to 1.1b, he can continue to play games with people that are still running 1.05. The answer to this is NO. Games that were started using 1.05 can be upgraded to 1.1, but both players must be running the same version of CM.

However, there is a workaround, Cav: keep a copy of 1.05 on your hard disk as well as the new 1.1 until everyone is up-to-date.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

just to clarify. When you install the patch, you will end up with 2 CM executables. The old 1.05 and the new beta 1.1. Clicking on the old 1.05 will continue with the old games (and the new data changes from the patch presumably). While clicking on the new 1.1 will obviously include the bug fixes and TCP/IP addition.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Having already thank anyone in advance for their response, I just wanted to thank you guys again for the speedy and informative answers. All a big help guys..much appreciated.

Oh, and always happy to stir up memories of the Cav biggrin.gif

Cav-Scout

"If you ain't Cav...you ain't"