!!??!! I'm suprised he could still walk......

SPOILER!! SPOILER! REISBERG SPOILER!!

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

spoiler!

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

spoiler!

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

sorry!

s

s

s

s

s

s

ssshhhh!

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

Playing a scenario, but this is not specific to it. I was playing as Americans and had a German infantry squad pinned down under some scattered trees. There were three American infantry squads pouring fire into them from about 100 yards away, plus a platoon command squad, a Sherman tank and a mortar guy dropping HE on them.

From behind these German infantry guys comes a Panzerfaust team, *running* straight past them towards the Americans. Every US unit there switched it's fire to the Panzerfaust team, including the Sherman. The mortar team did not have to, because the Panzerfaust guys ran right through the area fire around the German infantry anyway. *THEN* the Panzerfaust team, practically buried in hot lead, stops, kneels, aims at the Sherman, fires and knocks it out!!!!!!!

What the @#$% is up with that!??? Fortunes of war?? And this team was rated as "regular", not "kryptonite aware". I *guess* it's possible for a couple of guys carrying a heavy panzerfaust tube and ammo, to have the motzy to run straight into the middle of a fire fight, take fire from over thirty American troops, a mortar team, a command team and a Sherman tank without becoming frightened or dead, then line up on the tank and knock it out through the frontal armour with it's first shot.

As a US commander in the field, I find that behaviour a little discouraging.

Ober

PS I just had another look, and there was an American MG shooting at the Panzerfaust guys from further back as well.

PPS I am now a member...huzzah!

------------------

"Them Yankees couldn't hit the broa..."

[This message has been edited by OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer! (edited 06-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer! (edited 06-24-2000).]

HeeHee

I have never ceased to be amazed at how effective, stealthy or just plain courageous *everyone else's* antitank teams can be.

Several months ago there was a thread discussing the quality of troops, and my understanding was "fanatic" was an additional attribute given to troops by the scenario designer. The troops in "Reisberg", for the beta demo, were fanatics. You will not know this by clicking on the troops, whether you are the american or the german commander.

Sherman go boom now. tongue.gif

Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Freyland (edited 06-24-2000).]

SPOILER! SPOILER! BLACK POT BOILER!!

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

spoiler

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freyland:

The troops in "Reisberg", for the beta demo, were fanatics.

[This message has been edited by Freyland (edited 06-24-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's an answer, because the scenario I am playing IS REISBERG!!! Dagnabidation! How do I take out this Panzerfaust team now? I have already squandered my artillery on stupid things like buildings!

But thanks for the tip, because I would have been stewing on this for ages.

Ober

------------------

REISBERG SPOILER! REISBERG SPOILER!

s

This thread started out as a non-spoiler, but changed after I posted...sorry

s

s

s

s

SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER ALERT!

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

I was also miffed because a Sherman on my right flank had been maneouvering cautiously from shubbery to shubbery in an effort to get a clear shot at an "AT Gun?" concealed on that side of the map. I poked it's nose out and *WHAM!!* - see ya later Shermie, thanks for coming!

Later I maneouvered some infantry up close enough to rush the "AT Gun?". It looked like an Infantry GUn, until the guys got within a few yards of it.......then it revealed itself for what it truly was.

s

s

s

SPOILER! Last Chance!

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

s

A bloody great 88mm AA gun in AT mode! I assume the one on the other side of the map was the same. No wonder I was losing tanks left and right.

Ober

------------------

Actually, according to the game manual and certain threads I've read, a certain 'percentage to occur' chance of any of your units being fanatic in a scenario is the way it works, and this percentage and what 'status' of squads it affects is set by the scenario designer. And yes, neither side will see how many or which squads are affected. Sounds to me like that squad was a for sure fanatic.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.