Unsecure and faster PBEM required

Now it takes 3 e-mails to make one turn. It would be great to have an option to have more insecure PBEM games, where it would take only 2 e-mails (one from each person). The current PBEM is way too slow, and if you have a good friend who you can trust, the security is unnecessary.

actually, i think there is much cleaner solution... i'm not sure how hard it would be programming wise...

Main server set up by BTS hadles PBEM games. You do your turn and mail it to the server. Once it recieves mail from you and your opponent - it processes the turn, sends you and your opponent a movie of the turn and chance to make this turn's moves. Repeat..

1 e-mail per turn. Nice, clean, not much cheating possible...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fuerte2:

Right, it would be great... like Stars.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trade passwords. Instead of sending the movie file to be watched and returned, play it (don't look!), create the movie for your side, and watch the movie. then you send both the movie and the subsequent orders file.

• 4 weeks later...

That's true. Stars!, which actually is a pretty old game by industry standards, is currently the state of the art for multiplayer. It uses the same WEGO, gridless, hexless, system as CM. Up to fifteen- I think- can send in turns which are 'generated' by the playing/or non-playing host and emailed back to the players. One e-mail per turn.

You suppose that for a non-playing host an altruistic nature is preferred. Of course, a dedicated server would work.

Stars!Supernova, the sequel, due out this fall, is highly anticipated by 4Xers.