Additional Camera Views?

Actually, you can adjust all the existing views. ] and [ zoom the view in and out, which works in all 8 views. You also can change the camera tilt angle with SHF-a and SHF-z in views 1-4. By using these controls, you can make your own new views that cover most situations.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Thanks Bullethead but I'm thinking of the larger 4km x 4km maps that we will soon have.

I'd like to be able to view as much terrain as in views #7 and #8, but with the camera angle of view #4.

Dallas

Guest Madmatt

Bullethead is not 'quite' correct. There is only two levels of upward tilt to be had so while you can look down 10 notches you can only tilt upward two. I lobbied for additional upward settings since day one but there are practical reasons for this imposed limitation. Basically the world of CM has no roof and so the camera can not be allowed to view above the top of the horizon graphic. Perhaps this will make it in CM2 (I know I plan on pestering Charles until it does!) but for now you can use the zooms and tilts and angles and get ALMOST every angle you might need.

In the end though the camera views in CM were meant to be functional and not pretty. That they are pretty is a bonus in my mind.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 05-21-2000).]

Thanks Madmatt I agree that this issue is not critical and it is a credit to the designers that this is the only change I can think of that I want. Oh and frame by frame slow motion playback ( I can only get 2 sec increments at best) which still makes it difficult to replay those really good shots.

The ultimate for me is complete control over the camera, 360 degree panning, tilting etc. and the ability to hotkey my favourite views.

Dallas