QB Meeting engagement bug??

Hey, all.

This was first brough up in the the thread "I need PBEM help" but I thought I should create a new thread with a more informative title to see if anyone else has seen this problem.

Let me snip what Fox posted

"thanks ahead of time...well...here's the situation...our 30 turn game is almost over....i picked Axis..the game was Meeting Engagement with 1500 points...i wanted to set up a game with 2 sides equidistant from the town where flags were...i assumed this would give us both 1500points and set up at opposite sides of the map with flags in middle (latest v of cm used)...turns out my panther...after killin 2 halftraks, a Jackson, a m10, a mortar carrier, 30 troops (this is some tank commander hehe)...decides to count assets to the allies....so far...at least 9 full platoons of infantry, all that armour, a jumbo SHerm, mortars...2400 points approx.....wtf!!!!!...i'm pretty invincible now as all dangerous armour is gone, mabey a mortar or 2 left...but i started with nearly 1/2 the points to spend as my opponant...what gives? If it wasn't for my Patton-like military genius, i'd be toast!"

I have to say that on two occasions I have had the exact same thing happen to me. Lucky they were games I was playing with close friends so we were able to detect this and start a new QB over.

I personally think there is a some flaky problem with the QB drop down menus. When you select a Meeting Engagement you still have the drop down box on who the attacker is: Axis attacker or Allied Attacker.

When I brought this problem up to Madmatt in the chat room a while back neither he nor anybody else could reproduce what I saw. I also couldn't do it at will. I chalked it up to "Human Error" and forgot about it until I read this post and I also saw the problem once again the other night.

Has anyone else had a problem when that they select meeting engagement that one side starts out as if they are attacking and of coarse are aloted the multiplier of points from the based selected?

Thanks,

Jeff

Another thing to think about while “counting points” *during* the scenario is fog of war. I starting counting points in a QB last night, but what I thought where four Stug IV’s turned out to be only Hetzers, and the “Tigers” turned out to be Mark IV’s. That left a lot of points on the table that were unaccounted for, and made the attacking force look much larger and more powerful than it realy was.