A Word of Gratitude to so Many of You

Guest MantaRay

WBW, you ceratainly do make CM much more entertaining. It is a wonder why you do not work for gaming companies to me. Seems that your talents do deserve more compensation than just the many praises from we who enjoy your very fine work. You rock man, keep it up!

Ray

Thanks Ray! Thanks to all of you. You have rejuvenated an old warrior's enthusiasm.

As for working with other companies, as a matter of fact, I have. There was the old small Novastar Company, then SSI (all SP series with a complete expansion disk for SP2, and work on Panzer Commander), Talonsoft (EF, RS, TOAW I & II), and now Matrix Games, a newly forming gaming company comprised of all wargaming nuts like you and I.

Some of this work was for money but most has been "pro bono" up until now.

I think I would do this if I never earned a penny because it is so much fun and such a great learning experience.

Then there is the worldwide camaraderie, which goes beyond political and cultural boundaries. I have friends and colleagues all over the world. Who would have thought that possible twenty years ago?

At my age now I don't know how much longer I will continue. I feel good, though, knowing that the wargaming community is alive and well and the new genre of wargamers are so knowledgeable that the challenge is greater than ever.

I'll be passing the torch to some of the finest people in the world and that makes me feel good...but not quite yet biggrin.gif

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Hey Dave! Looks like I might not make it this year to Birmingham, so head on over any day and we'll get us some more of that good fried chicken. Bring old Reb with you!

Food is on the fire. Southern hospitality awaits any of my good friends on this forum.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest *Captain Foobar*

WBW, I just want to chime in too. When I see the WBW listed in the scenario depot, I head straight for it!

The most fun single player that I have ever had was playing "A Long Cold Day", and the most fun I have had on multiplayer was while dueling my brother in "Move it or Lose it"..

There are many like me who are interested in historically accurate and challenging scenarios, but who don't have the time or desire to go to a University library to research the stuff....

Great work, keep it up! smile.gif

Hey Cap'n!

Those two you've mentioned are excellent ones, not mine, but done by part of the Raider team that worked with the CM Beta team very closely.

I would agree that those were well done.

We'll try to keep the standard high now and in the future too.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest *Captain Foobar*

DOH!!!!! Oh well... I will just give you credit for all of them since I don't know the other Raiders.... is that OK??? wink.gif

Hi Bill,

I would like to join my voice to the others :

A most important part of the enjoyment I take from wargames comes from the quality of the scenarios. In CM that factor is more important still.

For me, WBW=Quality ...

Thank you for everything,

Pedro

Works for me, Capn! rolleyes.gif I don't think it might for them. They are a fine group and it was a joint effort. What we did not design we tested, so yes, Raider work.

Pedro, that is an outstanding accolade and I promise we'll try to keep that standard of quality for you.

For that reason, we'll never flood the scenario listings with scenarios. We do strive for a mix of historicity and playability to create the final goal, a lot of fun and excitement.

The encouragement is greatly appreciated.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com