Single Player Question

Mr. Clark

I've given the TacOps DEMO a try and its GREAT!

I plan on purchasing it as soon as V.4.0 hits.

Here's my question:

I really only play games in Single Player mode.

I realize that you are limited to the available missions that come with the game if you play this way. However, is there SOME flexibility? Can I exchange units in and out in a mission and still play it single player? Could I, for instance, find an assault type scenario... and then exchange in a Delta/Ranger type strike team for the US, and a civilian mob mixed with some real combatants for the OPFOR team... and then play this single player? (To simulate an attack on a Somalia warlord for instance.)

Basically, how flexible is the single player game?

Thanks for any info! Great game!

> Can I exchange units in and out in a mission and still play it single player?

Yes - most of the time.

> Could I, for instance, find an assault type scenario... and

> then exchange in a Delta/Ranger type strike team for the

> US, and a civilian mob mixed with some real combatants for

> the OPFOR team... and then play this single player? (To

> simulate an attack on a Somalia warlord for instance.)

Probably not - for that exact situation. You could do some of that but not all of it.

> Basically, how flexible is the single player game?

It is flexible but it can't be infinitely stretched.

Originally posted by Mr. Clark:

Can I exchange units in and out in a mission and still play it single player? Could I, for instance, find an assault type scenario... and then exchange in a Delta/Ranger type strike team for the US, and a civilian mob mixed with some real combatants for the OPFOR team... and then play this single player? (To simulate an attack on a Somalia warlord for instance.)

This is actually one of my favorite passtimes. Just adjust the blue force mix using the "Change Weapons and Equipment Blue". You can study this command in the Demo version to see how it works. By choosing a scenario you determine the mission and starting position of the OPFOR. You can also change their weapons and units. Save the game before playing the first turn in case you make a mistake, then blaze away!

Enjoy!

Thanks for the replies Major and Coyote!

Coyote... I checked the DEMO switcheroo, and it seems pretty cool. So, I would assume that out of 115 scenarios for the US, I should be able to find one that would allow me to switch in a Delta/Ranger OoB and basically whatever OPFOR units I wanted. BUT, Major said "probably not" in his reply. What exactly would I not be able to switch in? Citizen units?

I can't give an exact answer because it depends on how the AI scripts are set up in each scenario and how the AI flags are set for each Red unit in the scenario.

Sometimes exchanging a particular unit marker results in that unit not doing anything under AI control anymore. Other times seemingly the same situation works out OK.