scenario mizokami - helo assaults

UK_ian

First full scenario played in anger and really enjoyed it. Completed all objectives with 26% of force lost (although I played with OPFOR without thermals)

The first part of this involved and heli-borne assault which I would like to gain opinion on from u guys.........

Do u take you helos within range of OPFOR units and unload units straight into action (I used this method unloading units all around the defence)

or is it preferable to drop units outside the defending units range and them move in by foot?

I guess it would depend on the nature of the defending units but I would welcome opinions/discussion????????????

For the raid scenarios (the terrorist training camp and the nuclear depot), I like to go right in with the choppers and drop assault troops directly onto the objective.

With other scenarios using helicopters, I land them out of LOS and am much more careful. For Mizokami, my first attempt involved assaulting all objectives at once. It was a disaster. My successful attack involved first setting out observers to get the artillery going, and then attacking about 2 objectives at a time, using smoke to get the helicopters in close, but (if I do it right) not in the line of fire. The infantry thus deposited, then clears the objectives. Once clear, they are ferried to the next assault.