just a teeny bug

I was in a PBEM QB with Havermeyer, he the Brits, me the Jerries. He was dropping mortar rounds all around my Panther G, but I was in the process of hunting forward, so he didn't do too well. Anyway, I wasn't really sure where it was, but I suspected a location. On the next turn I spy an infantry? team in the woods. So I click on it and there's an area target line emanating from it to the point that the mortar shells were landing. So, even though the game couldn't identify what kind of infantry unit it was, I surely had no problems smile.gif.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

I have also seen this, and it has apparently been around since 1.01. I too think it odd that I can see a unit area targeting me when I can't even tell what the unit is.

Nothing big, for sure.

Guest Michael emrys

Weeelllll, I guess I can see what you all are driving at, but I can think up an excuse for this one, at least some of the time. If you are being shot at, after a while you can usually tell where the shots are coming from even if you can't get an exact ID on the unit that's doing the shooting. This is easy when they are firing tracers, otherwise more difficult. Since mortars don't as a rule fire tracers, you might think this lets them off. But the sound a mortar makes when it fires is quite distinctive, and that might be enough to give it's location away.

Michael